A Walk with Ancestors

A Walk with Ancestors

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Mama's DNA Test

Results Are In 


This past week my mother's DNA test results came in. So, I have been working on that for the last few days. I was shocked at how many shared matches that she had. But first, the ethnicity make up - 

She is 64% European West, I am 16% European West and my brother is 18%.

My brother is 40% Great Britain, I am 5%, and mama is also 5%.

Mama is 26% Ireland, I am 39% and my brother is 35%.

I am 35% Scandinavia, Mama is 2% and my brother is 1%.

Why do I have so much Scandinavia and my brother so much Great Britain??  
Unfortunately my father has passed away so we can not compare his DNA to ours. Could this be where this came from? hmmm...

After doing her DNA our Circles jumped up. Before her test my brother and I shared 24 DNA Circles. (I suppose the best way to explain a circle would be family groups that share the same DNA and ancestor) Now we have 34 Circles. Mama has 25.

Shared matches are people that we share DNA with and a common ancestor. 

My brother has 137 shared matches.

I have 180 shared matches.

Mama has 210 shared matches!

We had our tests done through Ancestry so it is autosomal DNA.

Some of Mama's matches go back to her 7 times great grandparents!

Who do we test now when I have the $$? At $100 a test, it gets expensive quickly.

The wonderful thing about these tests, they help prove my research is on the right track. 
The amazing thing I have discovered, when I find and put a new person on our tree, they show in the shared matches.

Waiting now for my daughters's tests to come back. Time to work on their father's side of the family.

Thanks for stopping by!
Pattie

No comments:

Post a Comment