A Walk with Ancestors

A Walk with Ancestors

Sunday, March 26, 2017

More on Dudley S. Neal

Dudley S. Neal and Leacy Lancaster


Dudley S. Neal married Lithia Leacy Lancaster on 14 Feb 1826 in Warren County, North Carolina.

1840 is the last census that Dudley appears in. In 1850 Lithia, Joseph, Dudley, Edward, and Angeline are living together without Dudley S. Neal.  So, Dudley must have passed away.

In 1850 John L. Neal is living in the home of Jacob Holt, the builder. But where is William?? I am searching for him.

Dudley must have died instate, I can not find any probate information, but I am still looking.

In 1860 Leacy, Edward, and Angie are living with Thomas S. Neal and his family. OK, who is Thomas? He has to be related in some way....  I am still researching but right now it seems that Thomas and Dudley's fathers were brothers. Dudley's father was John and Thomas' father, I believe right now, is Cuthbert Neal. Both were sons of John and Susanna Neal of Brunswick Co. Virginia.

Leacy passed away around 1867 and left an unusual will. 



She left her estate to only Dudley and Angeline..... But, there does not appear to be any real estate. I guess that property was dealt with when Dudley S. passed away.

I am still trying to determine who the parents of Leacy were. There are a few Lancaster men in Warren County but to date I have not been able to determine her parents. Any help would be great. 

Next I plan to write about John Neal born in Brunswick, Virginia and died in Warren County, North Carolina. He is Dudley S. Neal's father. He married Milly House.. and brings with her a big question about which House family..

Thanks for stopping by!
Pattie

No comments:

Post a Comment