A Walk with Ancestors

A Walk with Ancestors

Monday, March 7, 2016

Up, Down, Side to Side

Side to Side

Just a quick post today. I am still working on the Collins family, especially the children of James T. Collins. 

Wondering what the title Side to Side is all about? Just an observation, when exploring into the family history, the focus is usually a straight line back in time. Currently we are encouraged to research the FAN; family, associates and neighbors. AND what have I discovered? Going side to side; looking at cousins, aunts, uncles and others, I run into another branch of my family that I have researched. 

One example is the Collins family. Seraphna is married to a Leonard. Her brother's son is married to a member of the West family...  I knew that there were many times that the families intermarried but I am discovering more incidents of it.  

I have also discovered how my nephew and his buddy are actually related, distantly through James T. Collins. 

Sharing these discoveries with my mother usually leads me off in another direction and a new discovery. Yesterday it was a discovery about Iva and Swannie... and Seraphna and her brother's children... 

I love doing this research! Exciting and challenging at times but so much satisfaction knocking down walls and finding out who is on the other side.

Had an opportunity to sit down with cousin Gerald the other afternoon, sharing research and family stories! Loved every minute of it!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Hopefully I will have more discoveries to share soon!

Pattie

No comments:

Post a Comment