A Walk with Ancestors

A Walk with Ancestors

Monday, February 8, 2016

Beginning

Welcome to My Passage Through Time


This blog will chronicle my climb up my family tree; searching for ancestors and their stories as well as the stories of my family now as we grow new branches.

Working with genealogy is a thrilling, addictive and sometimes frustrating ride into the past. Like a detective looking for clues and piecing them together, working on your family's tree will go together smoothly at times but mostly not. I find myself scratching my head as I try to figure out which Leonard married whom or where in the world did they disappear to? 

I will share my search, my discoveries, the surprises and the roadblocks that I encounter along the way. This passage has had many helping hands and I hope many more will join me along the way. Feel free to comment, share or make suggests. After all, it will take a community of friends and family to make this passage through time. 

This story begins in North Carolina.

2 comments:

  1. This is really interesting Aunt Pattie, would love to see more. Its a great thing to do for the younger generation that might not be interested at this point in time, but someday they will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David, I am enjoying sharing the stories. Wait until tomorrow's post. I think you will enjoy that one!

    ReplyDelete