A Walk with Ancestors

A Walk with Ancestors

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Interactive Visualizations

This is something interesting to play with. MooseRoots has a vast library of free historical content that is interactive and anyone can add to blogs. Just change the dates on the drop down box and see how last names in Franklin County, North Carolina changed over time. Where did I find this? It was from Rootstech 2016.

Just go to the class syllabi and look around.



Common Last Names in Franklin County Over Time | MooseRoots



Information came from the county census records.


Currently I am spending most of my time researching. I have a couple of brick walls that I am trying to bust down. I am happy to say that last week I managed to bust through one, I will be sharing soon what I discovered. But in the meantime I am searching and watching webinars.

I would like to ask a question of you, if you are a family genealogist, what software program do you use at home on your personal computer to record your family information? Will you put it in the comment section below??


Thanks for stopping by! See you next time!!

Pattie

No comments:

Post a Comment